As of November 2010, certain units of the following vehicle models are under recall by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 2010-2011 Cadillac DTS and Buick Lucerne models with V8 engines for starter cables (p. 5).
- 2004-2011 Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon pickups (also some Isuzu trucks) with 60/40 split bench seats for a lack of child restraint anchorage systems (p. 10).
- 2010-2011 Jaguar XJ for windshield wiper arm synchronization (p. 11).
- 2008 Jeep Liberty for windshield washer motors (p. 5).
- 2011 Kia Sorento for rear brake calipers (p. 16).
- 2010-2011 Land Rover LR2 for driver’s side airbag deployment (p. 12).
- 2009-2010 Mazda 5 for fuel pump connectors (p. 16).
- 2002-2004 Nissan Frontier and Xterra for steering shaft failures due to corrosion (p. 6)
- 2010-2011 Nissan Sentra for battery cable terminals (p. 6).
- 2010 Volvo XC60 for curtain air bags (p. 8).
- 2011 Volvo S60, S80, XC60 and XC70 for engine control module programming (p. 12).
- Volvo vehicles equipped with portable Garmin 760 GPS units for overheating batteries (p. 8).
- Volvo models with power front passenger seats for seat rails (p. 14).
Volvo is not having a very good month with recalls that are affecting most /all of their model lineup. For details on any of the above recalls click here for the full report (PDF).
Cars Under Investigation
Automobiles that might be recalled pending a current engineering analysis are:
- 2002-2005 BMW 3 series sedans (E46)
- 2007 Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon
- 2001-2004 Ford Escape and Mazda Tribute
- 2002-2005 Ford Explorer and Mercury Mountaineer
- 2004-2006 Ford F150
- 2004-2005 Ford Freestar and Mercury Monterey
- 2002 Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable
- 2003-2004 Infiniti M45
- 2003-2005 Infiniti Q45
- 2007-2008 Kia Sorento
Ford has numerous vehicle models under investigation, along with several from other manufacturers. The full list of vehicles and the reasons for their investigation by NHTSA is located here (PDF).